The Safety 2010 conference was hosted at The Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
1 W Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21201
June 13th – June 16th, 2010
The attendees of this conference was made up of ASSE (American Society of Safety Engineers) members. ASSE members are occupational safety and health professionals located in the United States.
- Keynote speaker Dr. David Michaels (OSHA director) delivered a speach on OSHA’s latest regulations including its work on the new ergonomic standard.
- As this event took place during the recession, much of the discussion at the conference was about spending cutbacks and job security.
- There is worry among the members that the high-paying safety jobs are dissipating and the future of safety may lean largely on software programs rather than professionals.
- OSHA head David Michael’s speech focused more on employer assistance rather than enforcement.
- Five different executives took the stag and discussed what things safety professionals should focus on to move up the corporate ladder.
Visit the ASSE calendar for more information on upcoming safety conferences.
This website is not affiliated with the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) in any way. This website is independently owned and exists for archival purposes.